You have Q's,
we have A's:
+ I want to work with you, but I can't afford your rates at this time. What should I do?
- Please don't use money you don't have and make sure you've thoroughly tested your business idea before investing a significant amount of money into professional design or marketing.
- Even once you've proven your biz idea will work, marketing requires a significant amount of time and testing before seeing a large ROI. If you're a very early-stage startup, you'll likely want to stay as lean as possible for awhile.
- Check out our post on 3 Tips if You Only Have $1000/mo for Marketing
- Do reach out to us with your budget and goals, and we'll happily tell you whether or not we think we'd be a good fit! (And if we think we're not, we'll happily give you some recommendations for DIY options, or if possible, contractors who may be in your price range.)
+ What if I need something more robust than what's listed here?
- We'd be happy to work with you to devise a custom package that suits your needs. We also work in SEO, web development, public relations, video production, graphic design, and more.
- Contact us to learn more!
+ Ad hoc hours - what can I use them for?
- Ad hoc hours are only available as an "add-on" for clients who purchase packages, and can only be used for misc tasks relating to a specific package you've purchased.
(Also, they can only be purchased in packs of 5, but can roll over for up to 3 months.)
- - For example, if you've signed up for SMM with a pack of 5 ad hoc hours, you must use those hours for SM-related tasks (FB live help, SM strategy, reports, additional graphics, etc.) You could not request to have a landing page or lead magnet created using ad hoc hours; you would need to purchase the relevant package for those items.
- Keep in mind: basic questions relating to your package (clarifications on current work, updates, etc.) are of course included in the package price. However, any strategy questions not related to your current package, will be billed as ad hoc hours since that is considered marketing consulting and takes away from the time we can spend productively working on results for you and our other clients.
+ Ad hoc hours - I've used up all of my ad hoc hours, but I need more work done!
- We will let you know when you have 0 remaining ad hoc hours. If you have additional projects that you need us to work on, let us know and depending on our availability, you may purchase another pack of 5 ad hoc hours.
- We can normally accommodate the purchase of additional hours, but in the event we are booked out, you will have to wait for the next month to purchase. This is why it's better to purchase more upfront at the start of the month so we can budget our time correctly.
- Any unused ad hoc hours do rollover to next month if unused, up to 3 months.
+ I need something done faster than your projected turnaround time . . . can you have it done in X days?
- Let's talk about perfect, fast and cheap. In most cases, it's very difficult to have all three!
- Since we pride ourselves on our quality, as well as our ability to hit deadlines for multiple clients, a super fast turnaround for a project we haven't budgeted time for means that either:
A) We have to sacrifice quality on either your project or another clients' (which we won't do)
B) We have to delay or miss a deadline for another client (which we won't do)
C) We have to work significant overtime and sacrifice our personal time and health
D) We have to pay extra for someone to help us at the last minute
- Considering A & B are not options for us, we would have to resort to either C or D (or a combination of the two).
- Naturally, this requires a higher fee. The fee varies depending on type of work and timeline, but usually there's a 25-50% markup.
- Contact us with the details of the work you need done and we'll be happy to send you a quote ASAP! 😊
+ But I have a true marketing / design emergency! Can you help?
- Oh no! First step - take a deep breath. Is your house on fire? If so, please call 911, not us. 😊
- In all seriousness - we try to be as responsive as possible, however, we do block out our time for communication / deep work. Due to the nature of our work, we sometimes block out an entire day to sprint on certain projects, meaning we may be unable to solve your emergency.
Any work falling under pre-purchased 'ad hoc' hours can usually be delivered within 72 hours after a request, however if you suddenly find yourself needing something LIKE YESTERDAY, send us a message and we'll see if we can squeeze you in.
- ** We do charge an additional fee for anything that needs to be done in less than 72 hours (+25% during the week, +75% weekend) as this work is disruptive and puts us behind on other projects.
- *** We find that most "emergencies" are not as urgent as they may seem at first glance. A 72-hour turnover time for our high-quality work is better than a 4-hour turnover of extremely low-quality work done from a desperate and unreasonably cheap freelancer on Upwork. Trust us, we've been there ourselves and learned this the hard way. 😊
- **** ^^ This pertains to only projects that fall under AD HOC hours, not packages, as packages' timelines vary drastically. Contact us for timelines and urgency rates.
+ Why do emergencies cost extra?
- Here's a great take on it by expert Seth Godin. 😊
+ Can we have monthly calls?
- Some of our enterprise packages include a monthly call, but most packages include unlimited email support, as we've found this to be most effective for both parties.
- We fully embrace asynchronous communication as a hugely effective focus and productivity booster. We recommend giving it a try!
If you truly need to schedule a monthly call and it's not included in your package, you may do so for an extra fee. ($125/hour)
+ How quickly can I expect to see an ROI on Facebook ads?
- That depends. Three months is typical IF your funnel is already optimized.
- It can be less if you've got a STELLAR product/offer, or more if we need to do some optimizing.
- Truthfully, audiences often respond to offers completely differently than expected, and it is impossible to say (anyone who says differently is likely trying to scam you).
- After we have all the information we need from you, we can give you some 'guesstimates' but it may easily be faster or slower than what we expect depending on how quickly the FB algorithm does its magic and whether or not your product, LP and funnel are totally optimized.
- - If you know your landing and sales page conversion rates, we can give you a better estimate.
- If you haven't done ANY testing yet, have a really low budget (under $2k including consultant fees + ad spend) yet you're looking for immediate ROI, I recommend that you check out this blog post: 3 Tips if You Only Have $1000/mo for Marketing and consider learning Facebook ads yourself.
+ Do I have to sign a contract?
- There will be a short online letter of agreement for you to sign which will clearly explain the terms of service along with our obligations to you (performing the work promised) and your obligations to us (paying for our services). You are free to walk away at any time you would like, we only ask for 30 days notice.
+ Cancelations & refunds
- Refunds are not available, but you are free to walk away at any time you would like, we only ask for 30 days notice.